Request InvitationRequest Invitation here.
- Invited global leaders, including application developers, network buiders, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, policy experts, and on-line business leaders.
- Invited local innovators, entrepreneurs, community activists and business leaders.
Participants Page: (log in, then click here).
OrganizersFiberFete is produced by David S. Isenberg and Geoff Daily. Contact David or Geoff here.
FiberFete is supported by the amazing individuals of its global and local advisory boards.
Global Advisory Board
- Jim Baller, municipal broadband attorney and organizer of the US Broadband Coalition
- Vint Cerf, Chief Internet Evangelist, Google & one of the "Fathers of the Internet."
- Susan Crawford, President Obama's former broadband advisor.
- Esther Dyson, catalyst of high-tech start-ups and cosmonaut in training.
- Joanne Hovis, communications engineer for public and non-profit clients.
Local Advisory Board
- Joey Durel, City-Parish President, Lafayette
- Terry Huval, Director, LUS
- Gregg Gothreaux, CEO, LEDA
- Bob Guilbeau, founder and owner, Prejeans Restaurant
- Dr. Joe Savoie, President, UL-Lafayette
- Bill Fenstermaker, Chairman & CEO, C. H. Fenstermaker & Associates
- Henry Florsheim, CEO, LITE/Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise
- Rob Guidry, President and CEO, Lafayette Chamber of Commerce
- Cherry Fisher May, Publisher, The Independent
- Gary McGoffin, Attorney, Durio, McGoffin, Stagg & Ackerman
- Abigail Ransonet, CIO, Abacus Data Exchange
- John St. Julien, Organizer, Lafayette Commons
- Ryan Petticrew, Travel/Lodging Coordinator, 337-230-0806, Skype:ryanpetticrew,
- Eric Credeur, Production/Stage Manager
What: Rendezvous, Savoir Faire, Joie de Vivre!
Rendezvous - FiberFete will bring Internet innovators from around the world to meet with local leaders for three days of discussion, learning and fun in Lafayette, Louisiana, a fiber-powered city in the heart of Cajun country.
Savoir Faire - FiberFete is an exploration of our connected future in a networked environment. It is motivated by one central question; "Now that we have fiber, what can we do with it?" It will showcase Louisiana's commitment to information technology, and explore applications that will make new waves of digital productivity and economic growth. FiberFete will focus the brain power of its invited guests on exploring the networked future. It will provide the opportunity for local innovators and business leaders to interact with leading global application developers, network buiders, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and policy experts, and on-line business leaders. FiberFete aims to turn the potential energy of LUSFiber into kinetic energy that will transform Lafayette's economy, culture and quality of life.
Joi de Vivre - FiberFete will feature Cajun culture, cuisine and hospitality. FiberFete occurs just before Festival International, a major five-day world music festival set with performances all across downtown Lafayette. FiberFete is about good work, good ideas, good discussions and a good time!
WhenFiberFete will occur April 20-22, 2010.
FiberFete will be held in Lafayette, LA at LITE, 537 Cajundome Blvd., on Tuesday and Wednesday, and in a tent adjacent to LITE on Thursday.
LITE is the country's only full-service 3D visualization center available to all businesses and public entities to utilize.
Travel and lodging information is available to registered participants (please log in and click here).
FiberFete is a celebration of our connected future. It's an effort to bring together a critical mass of brainpower to facilitate discussions around how we can use fiber to improve all facets of our communities. By facilitating these conversations set against the backdrop of a fiber-powered community like Lafayette, FiberFete will serve as a catalyst for establishing the models needed to define what network-optimized communities look like and crafting plans for how to get there. FiberFete will also be an inspiration to community leaders and application developers about the benefits of our fiber-powered future. FiberFete will combine good people with good discussions, good food and good music. The rest will be up to us.