Request InvitationRequest Invitation here.
FiberFête is an invitation-only conference to bring local leaders together with a wide variety of national and international Internet experts to discuss how communities like Lafayette can realize the greatest return on investment in their networks and explore how to drive economic development and enhance their community's quality of life.
FiberFête announces its first slate of confirmed globally and locally distinguished speakers:
- Joaquin Alvarado, SVP, Digital Innovation, American Public Media
- Jim Baller, attorney representing municipal networks, Baller Herbst Law Group
- Kit Becnel, FiberKids! - director of Academy of Information Technology at Carencro, Louisiana High School
- Ernie Bray, founder & CTO, USMetroNets’ Open Service Provider Network
- Joey Durel, City-Parish President (Mayor), Lafayette, Louisiana
- Benoit Felten, global fiber analyst, Yankee Group France
- Henry Florsheim, CEO, LITE/Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise
- Lev Gonnick, CIO, Case Western Reserve University and Founder, One Community
- Joanne Hovis, CEO of Columbia Telecommunications, providing Communications Engineering for the Public Interest
- Terry Huval, Director, Lafayette Utilities System
- Bill Schrier, CTO, City of Seattle
- John St. Julien, Lafayette ProFiber Blog, Coordinator of Lafayette Commons
- Chris Vein, CIO, City of San Francisco
In addition, a revised FiberFête Agenda, with significantly more detail, has been posted.
FiberFête is an active work in progress. New speakers and further schedule changes will be forthcoming. If you have suggestions for how to proceed, please contact us!